Thursday, May 17, 2012

Curious Quinn turns ONE


What a year it's been! I can't believe my little burrito baby is OFFICIALLY a toddler! I can't begin to thank everyone who had a part in her first year. There really are no words for the amount of joy she has brought into our lives!!!!!!! This past weekend we had a party to celebrate her first year. I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments and memories with you!

Warning: I may post a million photos, because I just can't narrow it down :-D


This was the food table. We found little food tents at the Dollar Tree! Double bonus. They added a little touch of outdoors and only cost $1 each! I didn't want it to be too themey. So most the the decor was in purple, brown, green and white with a few jungle/outdoor decorations incorperated here and there.


 
I wish there wasn't a glare on this pic! We took pictures from her first year and made a #1 with them and desplayed it above the favor table.
 
 

These were my first attempts at flooding cookies. I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out!


Another CHEAP find thanks to the $1 aisle at Target! Each little got to take a monkey mask.



 These were also purchased at the Dollar Tree! 

















This was the dessert table. Let me tell you that darn grass skirt was a nightmare. We tried so many things to get it to stay. Totally not worth the money!!!!!!











The AMAZING cupcake circles were custom made by the phenomenal Gwynn of Gwynn Wasson Designs She also made Quinn's invites. I absolutely LOVED working with her!











Quinn's smash cake!  After her photo shoot we learned she LOVES cake.  So I made her  a small 4" vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.  I then bought a candle at WalMart and decorated it with purple sequin, glitter and rhinestones!
 
 I purchased this gorgeous frame from Hobby Lobby.  The photo was taken by my dear friend Sarah Field's of Sarah Field's Photography  We then inserted some of Quinn's favorite things.  This is a tradition I want to do every year!
 We held her party at my parent's neighborhood club house.  They have a fireplace, so we decided to display one picture from each month in chornological order across the mantel.  (again I wish there wasn't a glare!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cake SMASH! My girl loves her some cake!
 








 
Some of our amazing friends and family who helped make this day so memorable!




 

 

 




 Quinn's Pawpaw made her this GORGEOUS toy box.  It even is inscripted on the bottom!  Her and her Ayla had so much fun playing in it :-)
Out of all the toys and goodies we had the tubs of drinks with ice was by far their favorite "activity"! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment