Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quinn is HERE!




Things have been so CraZy I haven't been able to get on here! Where to begin? At my last Dr appointment we had scheduled an inducement for Monday, May 16; which is also Quinn's cousin Liam's birthday. When Sean and I were talking about possible inducement dates he kept saying I couldn't do it on Friday because it was the 13. Well, I guess Quinn had a different plan!

Friday morning around 3 am I woke up with the worst stomach pains I've EVER had. Seriously I thought I was dying of the stomach flu or food poisoning. Around 4 I called my sister. At this point I was pretty sure they were contractions. After about 30 minutes on the phone with her we decided they were contractions and they were about 4 minutes apart last about 2 - 2.5 minutes each. I didn't want to wake Sean, I feared I'd wake him up and they'd stop. Then he'd be tired and have to go to work. So I waited until about 5:30 and snuck into the room, turned on my lamp, and said "Babe, I don't think she's going to wait till Monday." Much like the day I told him I was pregnant, he jumped out of bed and tried to get dresses before his eyes ever opened. I kept telling him to slow down and wake up; after all I still needed to put makeup on before we can leave anyway.

Once we got to the hospital they hooked me up to monitor my contractions and Quinn's vitals and called Dr Perryman to determine whether to keep me. At this point I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. Dr. Perryman told them to keep me and we were moves to the labor and delivery room. Our labor and delivery nurse, Anna, was AMAZING. At this point I REALLY wanted to deliver without an epidural. She was so helpful bringing us a laboring ball, hot fowls, and cold soda cans to try and help with pain management. I made it somewhere between 3 and 3.5 hrs and finally caved. Sean kept telling me if I needed it to just get it, that he wouldn't think any less of me. I knew this however, I felt like a weenie. I must admit though, it made things a lot easier!

Since it was Friday, Dr Perryman was working in Leawood. So he came in around 7 and broke my water and then went to Leawood. At this point I was dilated to 5 and 100% effaced. The next time they checked was about 12:45 and I was was already dilated to 10! Anna let me know it was time to start pushing. She went to get somethings and was back at 1. Dr. Perryman was just getting in the building, but we started our practice pushes while he got ready. Then at 1:28 our perfect baby girl joined us! It was THE most amazing experience I've EVER had!

Welcome to the world my beautiful baby girl!
Quinn was nor Friday, May 13, 2011. 6 lbs 13 oz, 19.5" long with a 14 cm head. Absolute perfection!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment